Thursday, November 23, 2006

Rachel Maria Byros



Banglore Based Model Rachel Maria Byros

Rachel Maria Bayros is gorgeous, unaffected and totally stunning. Her skin is flawless and she dimples prettily in welcome. Definitely the face of 2004 in Bangalore. To quote our very own fashion guru, Prasad Bidapa, “Rachel is a face that is going places today.” And, if Prasad believes that then everyone takes notice.
Chatting in Barista on St. Mark’s Road, Rachel comes across as a down to earth girl who has just turned 20. She comes from a “supportive family, happy with my success.” Her mother and brother are there for her emotionally, but she takes her own decisions, especially when it comes to work. She learnt to be independent from the time she was a child. Though it was tough, it has helped her to differentiate between right and wrong. Her mother is a nursery school teacher in the PTA School, Jayanagar. After her second year in Christ College, she quit to start modelling full time. Now she pursues her studies via correspondence through the IGNOU.

“I have no role model. However, models Carol Gracias and Ujjwala Raut are definitely people I look up to. Carol’s skin, body structure, everything about her is totally admirable. Ujjwala has made it big abroad and that’s what I am aiming for,” she says, very confidently adding, “ I want to hit the international scene, not just the national one.”

The glamour world has always interested Rachel. “Right from the time I was a kid, I always loved to dress and apply makeup. My break came when I got my portfolio done in Mumbai. This was after I won a first runners up in a small show two and a half years ago. I had no godfather and have worked very hard to get where I am. I just watched and learnt from senior models. I started work showing collections with Rahul Dev Shetty, who I still work with.Then, one year ago, Prasad took me on,” she reveals. After that there has been no looking back for Rachel and her appointment book is filled up these days.

The going has not always been easy. “I can’t believe I am the same girl when I look at my old photos,” says the pretty Cancerian, adding, “I am lucky I don’t need to diet to keep my figure. I am naturally very slim but I do work out at home to tone my body and keep fit. I’m a music and dance person so aerobics are just perfect for me.”

Rachel’s advice to all those aspiring young models out there is, “believe in yourself and have the passion of your conviction and only then things will happen for you.”

No comments: