Thursday, November 02, 2006

Jesse Randhawa - Model -

Jesse Randhawa - Model -



JESSE RANDHAWA sizzles on the ramp with oodles of oomph and confidence. This lissome and dusky girl has climbed the ladder of success and fame within a fairly short period. A bold approach and a natural walking style have catapulted Jesse to the forefront of modelling.

National and international assignments come her way and she is a much sought after name today. She is likely to set the silver screen ablaze shortly with Paanch (a film by Anurag Kashyap), which has been delayed.

An offer from Hollywood and another Hindi film Gulal (by Anurag Kashyap) are already in her kitty.

This tall and skinny girl was encouraged by her father (who is now no more) to enter modelling. "Because of my height and figure Dad boosted my career," says Jesse, while one caught her at the Deccan Pavilion, ITC Kakatiya Sheraton over a bowl of soup.

What has contributed to her success? "Being myself. Since I am not from the industry I was groomed to take care of myself" and she hastens to add, "I have been fortunate. God has been kind. Every person is given a choice to make his/her own destiny."

For Jesse "style is what makes one comfy. I love saris. Unfortunately I can't wear heels," says the 5 feet 11 inch tall girl, who now lives in Mumbai. On the difference between modelling within the country and abroad, Jesse says, "things are very organised abroad. People are more professional. Every one and every thing is ready before the show including the designer and the fittings. Shows start on time (generally a grace period of about 5-10 minutes is given). If it exceeds the time limit models are paid extra."

She was signed for Paanch quite some time back but the movie ran into rough weather and is likely to release sometime this year. "My Hollywood film is being directed by someone from New York, In Gulal I play the lead role of a college girl," is all she divulges.

It is surprising that Jesse does not believe in being off food for that hourglass figure. "I eat but in moderation. I love Italian, South Indian (because of its spices) and Thai. I exercise when I get time and the thin look is hereditary (surely much to the envy of others)."

Jesse loves to model in Düsseldorf (she was the first model taken four years in a row for the Igaro show held twice a year) and London. She has done two or three shows in Paris. "It's a beautiful city but people are very chauvinistic about the language," comments this girl, who grew up in various places in the country on account of her father's defence career.

So far it's been good for Jesse who feels good to be on the ramp.

"It's a high though it means hard work." Jesse loves music (listening to Kishore Kumar) and reading books on suspense and Osho. "I like reading Osho as it makes sense to me - his way of seeing life and dealing with it." After a long tiring day Jesse likes to unwind by watching a movie before sleeping. She likes the designs of Shahab Durazi and Sabyasachi. "Their clothes are original and different."

Her motto and advice to the aspiring models." Give it the best. Be more creative and original in your own way, don't imitate." Right now Jesse is flying high with numerous assignments.

No comments: