Sunday, December 03, 2006

Gladrags Megamodel 2000 Candice Pinto



Candid Candice seeks out her creative self


After winning the Gladrags Megamodel in 2000, Mumbai-born and raised Candice Pinto decided modelling was going to be her life. Before that this post-graduate in Economics from South India Education Society (SIES), had won the 'best body' at the Top Model of the World contest in Munich, 2001.

"By then I knew modelling was going to dominate my life but what further boosted my morale was winning the Ms Tourism International Worldwide, Malaysia in 2002. After that I received international ramp offers but I had to decline them," says Pinto, who has done a course in Animation.

Bollywood being totally out of the question, the next best option for Pinto was taking up TV and print commercials. But now she wants to move abroad. "There is too much politics plaguing the modelling world here. But I'm happy that I'm a part of LIFW this year as it will give me that much needed exposure," says Pinto who has also featured in music vidoes.

Now part of the modelling world for a year, Pinto maintains an hour-glass figure. Her secret? No sweets, no red meat and no smoking. "I'm not a fitness freak but yes to keep in shape especially for LIFW, I've started a bit of jogging and walking every morning for an hour," says Pinto.

The future, however, is not limited to only modelling. Rather, she hopes to become an animator and get into advertising and produce ads. "I would like to work behind the camera," she says, adding, "Unlike other models, I've no qualms to admit that models want to get into acting only because they can earn more money." For her "life has so much more to offer than just modelling, so why restrict yourself?" We get the point, Pinto!

No comments: