Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mridula Chandrashekar, Alecia Raut, Sohini Jaitley, Sonalika Sahay



Mridula Chandrashekar, Alecia Raut, Sohini Jaitley, Sonalika Sahay

Sonalika Sahay - The face of Christian Dior watches in India

“People should not view models merely as sex symbols,” says Sonalika Sahay, a model who was in the city on Wednesday. She is into ramp shows from past two years and doesn’t ask for more. Though she has received offers from Bollywood, she remains focused on the fashion world alone. She has done various commercials. Interestingly, she has worked in Singapore Airlines as cabin crew. In a black outfit and high heels, it was her shining eyes that drew instant appreciation.

“Though people used to recommend me, that I should do modelling, I never took it seriously. Then I got an offer in Singapore. After that there was no looking back for me,” Sonalika states. For keeping herself fit, she works out in the gym and takes proper care of her health.

About her likings she says: “I enjoy being on the ramp especially the catwalk. Whenever I get time, I read books. And I like swimming but don’t have much time for that.”

What according to her is the concept of beauty? “To be really beautiful, one has to be beautiful from within too,” she says.

For aspiring models, she has valuable suggestions. “Many young girls enamoured by the glitter and glamour enter this profession without giving it a serious thought. They should weigh the pros and cons too. Moreover, basic education is a must. I am doing MBA because I think that modelling is a short-lived profession.”

What does she think of FTV models who, most of the time, are semi-clad.

Evading a direct reply, she says: “The FTV fashion shows are organised at a very high level. If they are modelling for lingerie, they have no option. They are just hanger for clothes.”

No comments: