Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vidisha Pavate



Vidisha Pavate has Prasad Bidappa to thank for her modelling career. Dusky and reed-slim, she was discovered by the Bangalore fashion icon at a party.
It didn't take long for Prasad to persuade Vidisha to start modelling and within a few months, in 1996, she was wearing the Ford Supermodel crown.

She’d love to host a fashion-related show on TV, but she wants to squeeze in a couple of years more on the ramp too. ‘I would perhaps do a film if the right offer came,” she says, making it clear that it isn’t about the money. “I’m not the face for a running-around-trees kind of film. I’d like to do something offbeat; something I can show to my kids with pride one day…”

She is married to Italian fashion photographer Darren Centofanti.

2 comments:

Nash said...

Darren Centofanti is in fact, Australian , and not Italian.

Anonymous said...

Darren is an Aussie of Italian origin