Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Madhu Sapre



India`s most favourite model ever!! Miss India 1993 Madhu Sapre The woman who almost became Miss Universe 1992.
She now lives in italy with her husband Gianmaria Emendotori. This marathi mulgi really hi it big on the ramp. She will be always rememberd here in india for her controversial tuff shoes add with her then beau Milind Soman. And the one who always bared her mind as well

Madhu Sapre will always remain the girl who almost became Miss Universe. Like she will always remain the girl with the funny English and the faultless, feline body. She sailed through the swimsuit round of the Miss Universe contest with a score of 9.9 out of 10 and was adjudged the number one in her Sangeeta Chopra evening gown. Then the judges at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre in Bangkok asked her what she would do if she was the prime minister of her country. In her imperfect English, Madhu gave an answer that is probably the most widely discussed and debated retort over given in a pageant: she replied that she would build a sports complex. Even today, Madhu refuses to retract the answer that cost her the crown. "All the officials had told us that our answers had to be truthful," she says, "and coming from the heart. Nobody told us we had to be politically correct. I said what my heart told me and I lost. According to me India has been in poverty for many years, so it was not going to suddenly change in one year by my becoming the prime minister. But there are other areas like art and sports in which we can improve. And being a sportsgirl I had suffered because we don't have the equipment and the grounds in India. In the brief time you get to answer I wanted to say all this but perhaps because of my inadequacy in English, I could not express myself."…

No comments: