Sunday, February 12, 2006

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Salman Khan
Nowadays more in the news for the wrong reasons.

This Happened just a couple of days back.Times of india had it as , salman took the girl to the hospital & all , this is what mid-day had to say

I hate Salman Khan!
By: Vrushali Lad
February 9, 2006

Bhandara, Nagpur: She used to be a fan of Salman Khan, but Pranjali Kesalkar (12), who was hit by the star’s car on Tuesday, told Mid Day yesterday, “My face, head and neck have been hurting all day. I couldn’t even go to school. I hate Salman.”
Exam worry

Pranjali, a Std VII student at Jesuits Convent School, is worried about more than her injuries — she fears she will miss her upcoming scholarship exams.

“I have been preparing for it all year. My exams are on the 20th of this month. If I don’t get well soon, my parents won’t allow me to appear for them,” she said bitterly.

‘Don’t believe papers’

Pranjali’s parents Purshottam (51) and Usha (48) are livid. Purshottam claimed that contrary to reports, Salman didn’t take Pranjali to the hospital. “Don’t believe what the papers say. He just brought her home and told me that her cycle had collided with his car. However, he admitted that it was likely his daughter was at fault.
‘Driving too fast’

“She was overtaking a bus when she banged into the car,” he said. Investigating officer Anil Dhole added that though the girl may have been at fault, Salman’s car shouldn’t have been going so fast.

“The roads here are narrow and there are always plenty of pedestrians. The car should have been going slowly,” he said.

Usha said their neighbours and the local police took Pranjali to Zilla Samanya Rugnalaya, a government hospital.

“The police helped us a lot,” she said. A neighbour, Ahilya Powar, said that the actor was polite, but stayed for only five minutes.

Shoddy treatment

The Kesalkars also allege that doctors did not even X-ray Pranjali’s head to check of internal injuries. “They just looked at my face, said it’s a bruise, and gave me some tablets,” said Pranjali. She claimed she was in severe pain and had trouble opening and shutting her left eye.

“We will have to take her to a private clinic. I cannot take any risks with her health — her eye could be damaged,” said Purshottam.

‘Over-reacting’

But a doctor at the hospital, who did not wish to be named, said, “It’s only a bruise. I think the family is over-reacting. The girl only needs to take painkillers and rest for a week.”

He’s had it!

Purshottam, an ex-army man, said, he would take “severe action” against Salman if his daughter did not get well soon. “If she gets better, we won’t press charges. But if she’s not alright in a day or two, Salman has had it!” he said.

Pranjali said she couldn’t wait to get back to school. “But”, she added, “I will not ride my cycle again.”

‘Easy target’

Salman Khan’s lawyer said, “Salman was not driving the car. The driver lost control because a tyre burst. Unfortunately, Salman often becomes the victim of rumours and speculation.”

No comments: