Sunday, February 12, 2006

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Pakistani actress meera , the self proclaimed aishwarya rai of pakistan.

Quoteable quotes by meera -

“I have really liked bold themes like Jism and ‘Murder’ and if I were to choose between Mughal-e-Azam and these two movies, I would prefer Jism and ‘Murder’, as they reflect contemporary reality,” an IANS report quotes Meera as saying.

The Daily Times quotes Meera as saying: "India has a different culture, Indians have a different mindset and Indian movies should not be screened in Pakistan. We should produce our own movies. We are Muslims and we have to make films that depict our own culture."

"I believe she (Aishwarya) is playing Umraon Jaan in a film. I also have an offer for a similar role, but we are still looking for a producer. I am ready to throw an open challenge - I will make a much better Umrao Jaan than her. I am sexier than Ash. Unfortunately we don''t have beauty pageants in Pakistan, otherwise no one could have stopped me from winning the Miss World crown. In fact I really wish that we get the same role in different films so that I can show I am prettier, sexier and more glamorous than her,"

And then there Meera claims to perform better than Madhubala as ''Anarkali'


Meera's affinity with India almost seems to be pre-destined, given her Indian and very Hindu screen name. 'I love the name,' she says crisply when asked about it. 'The designer of my first film named me Meera. My mother has instructed me not to reveal my real first and second name! Besides, I believe in only one religion - that of humanity. I am not into ritualistic Islam.'

No comments: