Saturday, March 31, 2007

Definetely More Hotter Now Ujjwala Raut



Sure, she’s a supermodel. But when you are a mom, your baby is sure to find her way into everything you do. No wonder then, right from reporting at the changing room to changing nappies, it’s all in a day’s work for Ujjwala Raut - not that she is complaining.

Says the effervescent Ujjwala, who is back in Mumbai, “Today my life revolves around my daughter Ksha and everyday is a learning experience. When she wakes up and looks at me, it feels so great.”

Of course, she has cut down on her social outings. “Well, Ksha – which stands for the letter K in Sanskrit - has been walking for the past two months. So now I just run around trying to catch her,” laughs Ujjwala.

However, this is not to say that her trip is only pleasure and no business. For starters, she will be the showstopper at a Lakme Fashion Week. “I’m really excited about the show; let’s see how it goes,” she says.

On the international front, she’s just done the latest Revlon campaign for the US market, a first for an Indian. That apart, her profile also includes walking for the Baby Phat and the Mulberry show.

With her constant globe-trotting, how much of a Mumbaikar is she? “Mumbai is in my heart. I love this city. That said, I have to admit that living in Paris, Milan and NY has exposed me to different cultures. I’m as happy at home in NYC as I am in Mumbai. It’s difficult for me to decide where to spend the rest of my life,” she says.

However, she’s sure that modelling is her true calling. “If not a model, I’d have become a school teacher,” she says.

Lastly, any regrets? “No, life is what you make it. I’m just content with work and my family. And yes, with so much travelling, I cherish my time at home,” she signs off.


The Mandira Bedi Update

Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com
Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com

No comments: