Friday, April 06, 2007

One Of My Favourite Models - Kiran Rao



Unfortunately not much is known about her , nor she is in the press much.

There is an article in the times some years back on kiran rao
AFTER a hard day’s work at the hair salon Kaaya, model Kiran Rao comes home to her favourite companion — roommate Diya Abraham. It’s here that Kiran’s always greeted with warmth and some wholesome, hot food.

“We live like husband and wife. I go to work all day and she cooks for me. Sometimes, I do the cooking too. Together, we pay the bills, and even go grocery shopping,” says Kiran.

It’s like a fairy tale: two of Bangalore’s prettiest models have been living together in Mumbai for the past three years. Both have terribly busy lives. Yet there’s always room for each other. When they’re not best friends, they’re each other’s worst critics and constantly, the most fantastic travel companions.

“I remember, we got up one morning and decided to catch a bus to Goa. We booked our tickets, grabbed our stuff and ran off. We travelled around by bike and were black by the time we returned. But we had such a blast,” recalls Diya, whose latest music video by DJ Suketu is being aired on television right now.

“It was shot at a stud farm on the way to Pune. It was the first time I ever sat on horse,” says Diya, who also sports a new hairstyle: courtesy Kiran. “I think it’s important to change your look constantly. This new style is very ‘60s. Kiran is the only one allowed to cut my hair — she’s brilliant,” Diya adds.

As for Kiran, hairstyling is something she wants to pursue seriously. “When I started, I wasn’t sure if I’d be good or not. I’ve been here two years and plan to go to London and Singapore to do more courses. For me, this is more creative than modelling. Modelling gives me good money to do my courses,” says Kiran.

It was only when Diya moved to Mumbai that Kiran gathered courage to do the same. “She and another friend Pallavi gave me the confidence to move here.” Together for three years, the duo have also moved three houses. “We have a lot of fun living together,” says Diya.

Two things they love, and hate about each other? Says Diya: “She’s the most accommodating flatmate I could ever ask for. She’s a great, fun confidante. What I hate about her is that she’s so thin and beautiful and that when I am sitting on the chair and she’s holding a pair of scissors, I am at her mercy!”

Kiran thinks hard before answering. “She’s very honest and straightforward. She’s always been there for me, even when times haven’t been good. I also don’t like the fact that she’s honest and straightforward. But at the end of the day, I think we’re quite good together. We give each other our own space.”

Mandira Bedi , yes rest day again , but i have some delicious caps of mandira bedi showing off her tatoo.

Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com
Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com
Free Image Hosting By ImagePundit.com

No comments: